shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs members downloading encrypted hls content

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      zawan_na
      Participant

i thought your encryption service are best and media cannot be downloaded , but few members downloaded with the help of vlc player . the instruction are given in this link
      http://www.tubeoffline.com/download-M3U8-videos.php

the main reason for me to use s3bubble is that encrypted hls cannot be downloaded , but if users can download it easily then it is of no use to me .

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi,

We are away for the holidays,

Can you downloaded a Netflix video using the method you described?

Regards

Admin

zawan_na
      Participant

sorry we dont have netflix , and i believe netflix has DRM security .

is there any security measure available where the content only plays in s3bubble and even if downloaded it should not play??

samueldv6

Sadly I tested the method described in the link and it worked. I was able to download one of my own videos using the m3u8 link which you can find by right clicking in your browser whilst the video is playing (Google Chrome in this case) and selecting INSPECT then NETWORK tab.

Still though, s3Bubble is great and their platform will prevent MOST people from downloading.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by samueldv6. Reason: more words
      samueldv6

s3Bubble support team,

Do you think there would be a way to improve your service even further by possibly figuring out a way to encrypt the m3u8 file along with the .ts files? That way, you would be adding another layer of protection.

Just curious.

Thanks

zawan_na
      Participant

i hope drm will work , hope s3bubble will provide the necessary options to add drm and provide drm licences (ofcourse) for additional cost

samueldv6

Yeah, @zawan_na also hope they can provide a solution to this.

By the way, have a quick question (unrelated though)…

Do you put the video embed code on your website before or after you’ve done the customization (branding, playback rate, skip buttons, domain security, etc.)?

For my case, I put the embed code on my site before adding the customization and it works fine on the site but when I check within the s3Bubble customization area, I can see that the changes were not saved. So all my videos now have the default customization settings (no poster image, branding, security, etc.) On my website, the customization works fine except for video security.

So I’m not quite sure what to do right now. I’ve emailed support but I doubt I’ll get a response from them.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by samueldv6.
      zawan_na
      Participant

i usually do all the customization and settings then copy the oembed code and use it in my site . it works fine

samueldv6

I figured out what the issue was. For some reason, I have to put in domain security AFTER doing the rest of the player customization and saving it. Videos are working fine now.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Both,

Thanks for your information on this we will be able to find a fix for this.

This method is almost the same as someone using screen grab software but we should be able to prevent the link from being used in VLC @zawan_na DRM is certainly possible with AWS we will take a look at this.

I haven’t been able to download an encrypted video yet using the post information and the new version of VLC the post seems really old could someone do a video tutorial and post here explaining how to download a video.

If you upload your video to S3Bubble and using our share method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-EChg7SbPg) post here.

With the extra information, we can look into and find a solution.

Best Regards

Sam

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Can you use this video as a test to download.

http://streamium.s3bubble.com/action/encrypted-video/

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by s3bubble.
        samueldv6

Hi Sam,

I tried using the test video that you’ve provided above but the video doesn’t work. It’s just an image displaying on the page.

So instead I decided to use the video on the s3Bubble homepage to demonstrate how someone can download an encrypted video.

I’ve shared the video demonstration to your email. Hope this issue can be resolved swiftly.

Best Regards,

Samueldv6.

s3bubble
          Keymaster

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the video link that’s really helpful 😉

Going to look into this, I’ll update with feedback.

Best Regards

Sam

zawan_na
      Participant

the test video link you have posted is not working (it is not playing in s3bubble player)

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Both,

Ok i have looked into this extensively and have a solution which solves a lot of problems but it will need to be implemented into the s3bubble setup.

Please, can you both test downloading this video.

http://streamium.s3bubble.com/action/encrypted-video/

With the method you described.

This setup includes

Video Player
      WAF
      Cloudfront
      S3

Update this post with feedback.

Best Regards

Sam

samueldv6

Hi Sam,

I tried using the method described earlier to download the video and it didn’t work.

I received the following error:

View post on imgur.com

It seems that the setup you have come up with appears to have fixed the loophole. Great work.

However, I’d like to ask, will this setup require us to use Cloudfront? I hope that your solution will still allow us to use normal S3 for content distribution as standard S3 is cheaper than Cloudfront.

Regards,

Samueldv6.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by samueldv6.
          s3bubble
          Keymaster

Hi Samueldv6,

Yes it actually a lot easier without Cloudfront simply go to your bucket and click properties.

Then add a bucket policy and add the following.

{
          	"Version": "2008-10-17",
          	"Id": "S3BubbleSecurity",
          	"Statement": [
          		{
          			"Sid": "1",
          			"Effect": "Allow",
          			"Principal": {
          				"AWS": "*"
          			},
          			"Action": "s3:GetObject",
          			"Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::(YOUR BUCKET NAME GOES HERE)/*",
          			"Condition": {
          				"StringLike": {
          					"aws:Referer": [
          						"https://media.s3bubble.com/*"
          					]
          				}
          			}
          		},
          		{
          			"Sid": "Explicit deny to ensure requests are allowed only from specific referer.",
          			"Effect": "Deny",
          			"Principal": "*",
          			"Action": "s3:GetObject",
          			"Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::(YOUR BUCKET NAME GOES HERE)/*",
          			"Condition": {
          				"StringNotLike": {
          					"aws:Referer": [
          						"https://media.s3bubble.com/*"
          					]
          				}
          			}
          		}
          	]
          }

Best Regards

Sam

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Update,

You can now go to your bucket in S3Bubble admin and click actions and then Add secure bucket policy.

We will then add this policy for your.

Best Regards

Sam

zawan_na
      Participant

need steps to do this

zawan_na
      Participant

i need the steps on how you guys did this .

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘members downloading encrypted hls content’ is closed to new replies.