shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Playlist functionality

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

I hope you guys are getting some sleep and nearing your next milestone!

A number of video playlists are not showing all of their thumbnails, even if I reload each stream file poster.
      Also, both audio and video playlists still won’t drag and drop sort.

Is there a solution coming for those things and hopefully a playlist back button as well?

Thank you!
      Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie.

Yes, we have everything listed we are just trying to get this theme update through first then we will address your issues hopefully get round to them on Tuesday.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Awesome news Sam and all the best with your next release!

Best, Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

For your list…if possible…a shuffle feature that can be turned on and off for both audio only and video playlists…would be brilliant!

I noticed I have also been having playback hangs on files and playlists that were smooth a couple of days ago.
      Is this bucket policy good? Can it be better?

{
      “Version”: “2008-10-17”,
      “Id”: “S3BubbleSecurity”,
      “Statement”: [
      {
      “Sid”: “S3BubbleAllow”,
      “Effect”: “Allow”,
      “Principal”: {
      “AWS”: “*”
      },
      “Action”: “s3:GetObject”,
      “Resource”: “arn:aws:s3:::airestream/*”,
      “Condition”: {
      “StringLike”: {
      “aws:Referer”: [
      https://s3bubble.com/*”,
      https://media.s3bubble.com/*”
      ]
      }
      }
      }
      ]
      }

Thank you!
      Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,
      I added a cloudfront dist policy to bucket and am applying the dist to all files, so let’s see if that solves it.

Thank you!
      Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Yes, I would use Cloudfront to serve your content, I touched on bucket policies in this post.
      https://s3bubble.com/forums/topic/access-denied-url-could-not-be/

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Yes, I did update the policy to the below, and applied the dist to the media, but am still getting black screen access denied…any thoughts? There is no awf applied nor did I lock down the url to my site.

Playlists show the poster for the first video and some of the thumbs, but pinwheel grinds forever.
      Strange.

Thank you for any help!
      Jamie

{
      “Version”: “2008-10-17”,
      “Id”: “S3BubbleCloudfrontSecurity”,
      “Statement”: [
      {
      “Sid”: “S3BubbleAllow”,
      “Effect”: “Allow”,
      “Principal”: {
      “AWS”: “arn:aws:iam::cloudfront:user/CloudFront Origin Access Identity E316GWXYAS9VNZ”
      },
      “Action”: “s3:GetObject”,
      “Resource”: “arn:aws:s3:::airestream/*”
      }
      ]
      }

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hey Jamie,

Can you send me a link to the black screen i’ll take a look?

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Thank you!

Will this work?

<div style=”position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;”><iframe style=”position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;” src=”https://media.s3bubble.com/embed/hls/id/gQLn35266&#8243; frameborder=”0″ webkitAllowFullScreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” allowFullScreen=”true”></iframe></div>

Best, Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

None of my links work on either S3bubble or my site either as playlists or single audio or video files.

Best, Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

I went over all of my AWS related settings, reset the distribution and then reapplied the distribution to all files in the bucket and allowed time to cache.

Individual video files now play fine on both s3bubble and my site, but video playlists maybe play the first video but never the second and clicking around inside the playlist just gives a spinning wheel.

Individual and playlists of Audio Only files do not play on either s3bubble or my site.
      I click to play, the pause icon appears but the audio never caches.

Is this all tied to the other customer players having issues as well?
      It would help to know so I can give you time to figure this out, or if I should be doing something on my end.

On another note, the intermittent absence of video playlist thumbnails appears to be due to the 420×236.jpg thumb not being in the root encode folder with the regular size poster thumb. Is that created at time of playlist creation?

Also of note; I noticed the audio and video playlists variables are confusing one another regularly…an audio playlist will behave like a video playlist on s3bubble, and video playlists will take on audio style buttons and dump video resolution settings…

The audio appearing as video playlist is actually very cool (and kind of what I was looking for) but lacks a waveform over alpha (for waveform over the thumb in player like Soundcloud) and lacks a 16×9 thumb (or optional control over the thumb).
      Hope this helps…

Thank you again for all your efforts and innovation!
      Best, Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

I don’t know what you did, but the audio only single files and playlists are playing perfectly on Firefox, Edge, and Chrome. Awesome news!!!

The video playlists continue do behave as before, with the first file playing perfectly (single files play well too) but the second or any other file gets the spinning wheel and never resolves.

Best, Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Oh and regarding Playlist Thumbs I tried creating playlist thumbs like in the root folders same size and naming structure, but the playlist doesn’t seem to recognize those and update the player.

Best, Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Can you try now we have applied a fix?

Can you re-encode an audio piece with playlist settings?

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by s3bubble.
      brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

All of my existing audio playlists appear to be working fine now.

It’s the video playlists that are still acting strange…playlists hang after first video, no other videos can be selected and played, many mini-thumbnails don’t generate or appear.

Best, Jamie

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Questions & Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.