shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Videos no playing on some mobile phones

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      verbomedia

Hi, I’ve had a few of my users complain that some videos won’t play on their devices. Others complain that no videos would play on their devices.

The last one complaining gave me this technical specs about his phone:
      Phone: Moto G 5 plus
      Android: 7 Nougat
      Browser: Chrome (latest version)

He said none of the videos are working on his device, only on his PC.

Example: https://media.s3bubble.com/embed/hls/id/hfta42639

I couldn’t replicate because I only have an iPhone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi,

Can you ask them if the video on the s3bubbble homepage plays on their device.

Best Regards

S3bubble team

verbomedia

Thanks, they said it worked. What is the difference? I am using your platform and encoded the videos following your tutorials, it should’ve been working.

Others that are having the same issue:

G4 plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Samsung S4 and Moto G3.

It works perfectly fine on iPhones. But the issue is that in Brazil, 99% of the users are on Android devices.

Please help me resolve this issue.

verbomedia

UPDATE: Your website’s video did not work on one of my students. He is on a Galaxy Tab3.

On all students having the isse, the player gets stuck on “play” and nothing happens. Only a black screen.

vintagefilm
      Participant

are you using HLS with encryption? I think you must NOT encrypt for HLS on Android.

verbomedia

No, we have not encrypted HLS.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi verbommedia,

The difference is self hosted we would suggest switching over to this setup of possible.

Best Regards

Sam

verbomedia

Hi Sam,

isn’t it possible for you guys to implement it within the iframe? Because it has taken us over 3 months to setups all videos on our website, including transcoding and etc. It would be another marathon to go ahead and change the whole setup again. First moving from large MP4 to HLS and now from iframes to self-hosted.

Regards,
        Daniel

verbomedia

Hi Sam,

I tested with JWPlayer and it still won’t work on Android. Any ideas on why it doesn’t work?

Regards,
        Daniel

verbomedia

Please I need a solution ASAP, people are canceling their subscriptions because they can’t watch the videos. This is URGENT!

verbomedia

I tried all 3 available modes, hosted, JWplayer and embed. But still nothing works.

Although from all the options, I like the JWplayer better, and I’d like to make it work with this player.

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi verbomedia,

This is strange purely because you say it doesn’t work in any setup if the JWPlayer setup doesn’t work then our setup won’t work.

Can you send us a link to a video in question to support@s3bubble.com also how many Android users are we talking about one or all your users are having issues?

Are you using CloudFront?

Best Regards

Sam

verbomedia

Hi Sam,

I am not using CloudFront, all Android users are experiencing the same issue. I managed to get my hands on different Android devices and it wouldn’t work.

I have sent you the email with the link, and I can send it here too: https://ead.starlingacademy.com.br/

All other HLS videos have the same issue, but they have restricted access to members.

Please help me figure whats is wrong there.

Regards,
      Daniel

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi,

How large are the videos you are asking your users to stream on mobile?

Best Regards

S3Bubble

verbomedia

The videos are about 1 hour long. This one I sent you the link is about 5 minutes and still won’t load. The file is encoded using the HLS tutorial you provided, so it has about 4 size options from 272 to 1872. It is a pretty small file. The mp4 had about 40mb, I guess the HLS 272 format would be much smaller.

verbomedia

Hi, I’ve been looking around and people are saying “android’s playback doesn’t actually set referrer” and it might be the cause. That the bucket policy might need some adjusting.

Could you please help me find a solution to this? I am desperate, I am receiving complaints every day.

verbomedia

Ok… so I managed to find a solution. I think you and your team should be aware of this 🙂

I had to remove the whole “Condition” block to make it work. I am sure this is not the best way to go, but it is the only way I could make it work while I wait for your support.

It has to do with my previous comment about Android’s issues with AWS’s referer.

Please let me know if you have a better solution.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Verbomedia,

Yes, we read the conversation makes sense to post here for the rest of the community.

https://github.com/bentasker/HLS-Stream-Creator/issues/16

The issue will need further investigation.

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Videos no playing on some mobile phones’ is closed to new replies.