shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Hey sorry for the many questions.

I have now 25 movies on amazon and they think dat i mus pay tot 700$ for month. Is this normal?

The site is in test fase.

Thanks for you helping.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi donnykingmedia,

What other services are you using?

Go to your billing dashboard https://console.aws.amazon.com/billing/home and look at the overview of your costs.

That can be normal for a professional video streaming service.

You can work out all your monthly costs here. https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

Best Regards

Sam

Hi,

That’s a lot of money to try out. I only using the service you told me to use in the tutorials.

First it was 100$. Than the forecast 700$ extra.

100$ is the Blue collor elastic transcoder. And the 700$ is green color.

Is there a solution that it can be cheaper?

Thanks its a try out website in first i don’t make money its only cost money.

Thanks for helping.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi donnykingmedia,

Money management is completely down to you we state this from the start, you handle all costs within your AWS account we are just a tool for AWS.

With the forecast if you have recently encoded a few media files the forecast will take that into consideration the media you have encoded and it will forecast you doing that every day so it probably isn’t that accurate and will stay at $100 if you leave it, it can be confusing this annoys us at times.

You normally wouldn’t encode all your media in one go, once the service is up and running you would just encoded new media as it is created, the actually streaming costs are really cheap the Elastic Transcoder costs can increase if you encode huge libraries of media.

You should be able to use the calculator to get a detailed overview of exactly how much your service costs will be https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html.

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by s3bubble.
      brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Donny King Media,

In your Cloudfront Distribution Settings did you select “All Clients” in Custom SSL?
      All clients is really expensive and looks like your price jump…Try choosing only clients that support SNI.
      All Clients is ProRated so only what you used to date…if checked then change asap.

Custom SSL Client Support
      Only Clients that Support Server Name Indication (SNI)CloudFront serves your content over HTTPS only to clients that support SNI. Older browsers and other clients that do not support SNI can not access your content over HTTPS.

All Clients ($600/month prorated charge applies. Learn about pricing.)CloudFront allocates dedicated IP addresses at each CloudFront edge location to serve your content over HTTPS. Any client can access your content.

Best, Jamie

Oke thanks i gonna watch it tommorow.

Thanks i really new with AWS i like this i let you tommorow now of i can find it!

Hey Jamie,

Where can i find this settings this is my first time with AWS and i don’t now where to search?

Best,

Daniel

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Daniel,

Then go here: (this link assumes you made your cloudfront distribution in region US East which is Virginia where all your stuff should be for cloudfront and AWS buckets)

https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/home?region=us-east-1#

It should have a title at the top of: CloudFront Distributions

If you only have one distribution it should have a comment like this: S3Bubble Powered Web Distribution
      If you have more than one then go into all of them and make sure your settings are correct for all of them.

Click the little box to the left of the distribution to select it.

Then look above on the page and click the button: DISTRIBUTION SETTINGS (it will only be available to click if only one is selected)

A new window will open with details of that distribution…Click the EDIT button.

A new window will open for editing that distribution.

Look down to the 5th bold title (here are the top 5):

Price Class

AWS WAF Web ACL

Alternate Domain Names
      (CNAMEs)

SSL Certificate

Custom SSL Client Support (THIS IS THE ONE YOU LOOK AT) You have two choices for this setting:

Only Clients that Support Server Name Indication (SNI)

OR

All Clients ($600/month prorated charge applies. Learn about pricing.)

If All Clients is selected then change it by clicking the button ONLY CLIENTS THAT SUPPORT SNI.

Save your changes.

If ALL CLIENTS was checked that would explain the extra $600/month in fees.

If not then something else is making your charges high…you could also look at the first Setting PRICE CLASS and change that to only serve from The USA, CANADA & EUROPE instead of ALL EDGE LOCATIONS as Brazil and the Asia Pacific cost more for serving requests…As you start making money change back to ALL EDGE for better performance worldwide.

Also make sure all of your buckets and Distributions are in US EAST VIRGINIA or you will have additional fees for Transfer Requests.

CLICK “YES EDIT” Blue Button at bottom right of window before exiting, if you did make changes.

Let me know Daniel.

Good Luck, Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Both,

Also here is a video on how you can use a tool call ffmpeg to encode your media locally saving money with the Elastic Transcoder i am pretty sure AWS Elastic Transcoder is just ffmpeg run on a EC2 Instance.

You can install ffmpeg with homebrew on a mac simply open terminal click search top right and the type Terminal and press enter (this should open terminal) paste the following code in click enter.

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

Now again in your terminal window, you can simply run.

brew install ffmpeg

Remember we want you to have the most cost effective setup possible depending on skillset using the Elastic Transcoder is making AWS money not us.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the info and I also saw the video on YouTube.

I have both Mac and PC but have been using mostly my PC for these as it’s newer.

Questions:

Can it be installed on PC?

Can presets be easily made for both HLS variable resolution video as well as audio TS?

Also, I noticed on my encodes using the new custom presets that the “Quality” settings in the playback window control bar show the whole name of the custom preset and not just 2160p, 1080p, 720p etc…can the quality settings display be either; edited to simplify, or also turned off in the Meta Window?

I noticed Netflix and Soundcloud do not give you quality options like YouTube…

Thank you!
      Jamie

PS Donnykingmedia, was the $600 charge due to the setting I showed you how to change?

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Yes, the ability to turn of the resolution switches is a good shout we will be adding that to the next update.

I remember having a conversation with another user with them asking that it must be implemented. We stated that it goes against the whole point of hls adaptive bitrate streaming but we added it because it is handy in certain cases.

1. For movies the resolution switch is not really needed as the player should automatically switch depending on connection and pixelation is not an issue.

2. Video tutorials, in this case, we accepted it makes sense to add the switcher we have a user with video tutorials of them writing on a whiteboard if the video is pixellating the writing was hard to read so being able to switch up force HD read the text even with the possibility of buffering made sense for this scenario.

Regarding PC you will definitely be able to install ffmpeg but I couldn’t give you any advice sorry because I am a mac user, ffmpeg can do everything the Elastic Transcoder can and more it just requires learning all the commands and settings.

All content will work in S3bubble regardless off how it has been encoded.

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘AWS’ is closed to new replies.