shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Bucket speed

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      verbomedia

Hello!

I’ve been getting a lot of complaints about speed from my clients. I’ve setup HLS with your video tutorial and still people complain that the video will stop every 5 seconds. Yesterday I tried downloading one of my videos so I could convert to HLS but download speeds even with cloudfront are less than 30Kbps… I was wondering if you could help me understand what is happening.

Regards,
      Daniel

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

What browser, device?

Are you using self hosted or iframes?

Ideally, if can you reproduce the issue in a specific environment would be perfect give us a test case to work with if you could do this it will help us greatly.

As much information as possible.

Best Regards

Sam

verbomedia

Hi Sam,

it is on the iframe. I also tried downloading the file directly and it also takes forever to download.

You could take this file as an example: https://s3bubble.com/secure/#/video/starlingacademyofmusic/EAD%252FMATEUS%252FINTERVALOS%2520E%2520DOUBLE%2520STOPS%2520NA%2520MUSICA%2520ATUAL%252Fintervalos%252005.mp4

Regards,
      Daniel

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi, verbomedia.

We have checked the link you have sent and every video within this folder is over 1gb the video you have linked to is 2.2gb.

Any browser will struggle to play a mp4 video of this size its far to big for web streaming remember mp4 progressive streaming the browser is progressively downloading 2.2gb I am surprised your users have even been able to play the files.

We suggest running your video through handbrake its free. https://handbrake.fr/

Set your options to h.264 and make sure you have web optimised checked this should significantly reduce your video sizes for web streaming.

Best Regards

Sam

verbomedia

Hi Sam,

I think I didn’t make myself clear, I am sorry.

This file is the one I was downloading to convert. Download speed was 30kpbs but my connection is 50Mb.

The file the clients are watching is a HLS video optimized using your tutorial. But they are complaining that the video is stopping every 5 seconds. A few of them had the same complaint. I think this downloads speed is affecting the playability of the videos. How can we improve that?

On the previous file, I have Cloudfront setup, on the next one I don’t. The cost was too high, so I’ve choseen a bucket located here in Brazil so I could reduce the costs with cloudfront. But eitherway, the cloudfront file is extremely slow!

This is the file to the HLS:
      https://s3bubble.com/secure/#/hls/starlingacademy/INTERVALOS%2520E%2520DOUBLE%2520STOPS%2520NA%2520MUSICA%2520ATUAL%252Fsemana_5%252Fsemana_5.mp4_master.m3u8

Let me know if it makes sense now.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by verbomedia.
      s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Can you send me a link to the specific video in its live environment? please send the link to support@s3bubble.com.

We can then run some tests.

Best Regards

Sam

verbomedia

Hi Sam,

I have sent you the email.

Thanks!
        Daniel

verbomedia

Hello,

my students are still complaining that my HLS videos are stopping even on the lowest resolutions. I need help, please.

Regards,
      Daniel

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Please post a link to a video they are complaining about.

Best Regards

S3Bubble

verbomedia

Hi, it just happened to me now! It is happening on random videos. My guess is that my bucket is experiencing extremally slow speeds. I can upload at very high speeds, but downloads are very slow.

The link I just had problems with was this: https://ead.starlingacademy.com.br/

What I observed was that the *.ts files were downloading slower than the speed of the videos. So I was getting stuck every part. This is really annoying. This had happened to me before, but only once and I thought it was some problem with my internet, but I’ve had more than 5 complaints from different people. When I tested it worked fine, although they had experienced this issue. Now I was just able to replicate it.

Yesterday I tried downloading a file from my bucket and top speed was 30kbps. Although I had just uploaded a file at 2.5mb/s. This has happened many times already. Sometimes downloads are great, others it sucks.

Could you help?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Bucket speed’ is closed to new replies.