shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Custom Presets were deleted

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Yesterday I created custom presets for 270p, 360p, 720p, 1080p and 2160p, and they worked beautifully.

When saved they all got an S3bubble added to the beginning, but when I encode the resolution switcher shows only the resolution (ie 1080p), which is fabulous.

However, today I only see the 270p and 2160p presets.

Can other users delete my custom presets?

That is a problem if every time I wish to encode I need to recreate my presets…kind of defeats the purpose.

Please advise as to a solution.

Thank you! Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

No, no other users have any say over your presets there is no shared functionality with S3Bubble everything you create is created in your AWS account.

All I can think is presets are region specific if you create presets in us-east they won’t show in another regions.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,
      Thanks for the quick reply!

Odd, as all of my buckets are in the same region.

Any thoughts on that issue about audio only hls presets not showing up as options in the presets window?
      It was strange when it happened because it appeared to be a playlist encode dialogue.

Best, Jamie

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Can you try now we have added some extra functionality.

We have stopped it appending S3Bubble to the name and have added the description throughout we have also tried to make it clearer that the name of the preset is the name that is displayed in the resolution switcher so we have added a 10 character limit to the name, no spaces and lowercase. The resolution switcher will now default to bitrate if the name is more than 10 characters.

resolution switcher s3bubble aws media streaming

Best Regards

Sam

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Taking a look at this now i see your presets haven’t been deleted all your folders are still there but the player doesn’t seem to be picking up all the presets.

Going to create some of your presets locally on our setup and run some tests.

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by s3bubble.
      brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Cool modifications on the presets!

The strange window with no presets still opens when I try to encode audio only in either of my two transcoder buckets.

“Audio Adaptive Bitrate Encoder please apply options below

Select Playlist Presets:”

But there are no presets appearing…What are Playlist Presets?
      Is that a call for batch encode?

At this point I cannot encode/encrypt any audio only in hls.

Thank you for any light on this!
      Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

I cleared my browser cache and tried the audio only again and two system presets showed up, but both low quality.

Audio Adaptive Bitrate Encoder please apply options below
      Select Playlist Presets:

Name: System preset: HLS Audio – 160k
      Description: System Preset: HLS Audio 160 kilobits/second ts Preset settings

Name: System preset: HLS Audio – 64k
      Description: System preset: HLS Audio 64 kilobits/second ts Preset settings

So I copied the System preset: HLS Audio – 160k and created a 320kbps one but it won’t appear in this Playlist Presets window when trying to encode again.

Where is this Playlist Presets generator?
      I looked at doing an audio batch, but it shows no presets at all and so won’t encode if I hit START.

Thank you! Jamie

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

We have applied an update with some fixes can you test now.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

I tried again, browser cache cleared, and was given the same two audio only System Preset options again.

The video is encoding perfectly…the audio no go.
      Very bizarre.

This time the batch waveform generator worked, but that only makes the visual waveform file right?

Thank you!
      Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

There are only two audio hls presets?

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/elastictranscoder/latest/developerguide/system-presets.html

Is that what you mean?

Maybe a screenshot will help.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Yes, literally. System presets I described above.

How do I send you a screenshot? I see no uploader just link makers. Maybe via dropbox share.

But nothing else appears and it’s not the normal window it’s this small Playlists Presets window.

Will grab a screenshot and send.

Thank you! Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Just use S3Bubble to share, take your screenshot upload to a bucket click share grab the link and paste in here.

No need for Dropbox.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Excellent!

Here are the two screenshots; one from Chrome with system presets and the other from Firefox, with none appearing.

Thank you!
      Jamie

https://s3api.com/share/id/czyndkxfxb

https://s3api.com/share/id/qwyymemgar

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Any idea what’s keeping the presets from appearing?

Thank you!
      Jamie

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Just to see what happens, I tried to transcode an audio only file in a bucket folder using the system preset 160kbps, and I got an error window saying you cannot encode media inside of folders.

Here is the screenshot:

https://s3api.com/share/id/nbcczqwzxx

Hope this sheds more light!

Best, Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the screenshots they helped 😉

Regarding the empty audio hls presets after checking your account and in the same location we were able to see the presets in the audio modal making us think it is probably a cache issue which shouldn’t be the case as we have updated the version can you try again, please.

We have also removed the restriction to only encode files in the root of the bucket you can now encode audio from any location in your bucket.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

I cleared my cache in Chrome and logged in. Went to a bucket folder and was able to encode from the bucket.
      Thank you for that!

It’s still only the two system presets for some reason.

I tried for the first time using MS Edge (a horrible browser) and I got the same two system presets.

Perplexed…But if I may request while you are in the middle of this; can you make the audio only encodes also have a folder selection option within the root? That would be awesome. Not sure why the audio files don’t behave like video file encodes.

Is there any way to create a higher quality hls audio only system preset?
      maybe that would solve this situation…
      HLS 44.1K 320kbps 2 channel AAC (Auto AAC output)

Thanks for all your help!
      Jamie

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

I will look into that, audio doesn’t act the same as video because we have to run some scripts on the audio files before encoding. Videos just directly encode.

Audio runs the following.
        Grabs the ID3 tag meta if available and takes the poster image and uploads to S3.
        Generates an audio waveform in json format for playback with the player.

Sorry, but I am really confused with what you are asking when saying there are only two option this is correct there are only two audio hls presets in AWS.

Ours is the same when we select an audio file and select hls encoding we get this.
        audio hls encryption

But if we select other options we get.
        audio encoding via aws

If you need different audio presets you can go to the presets i would suggest copying a premade one and amending it with higher settings.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

The ID3 meta with thumb is embedded with what software before uploading?
      That would save lots of time.

As for the audio only…I guess I’m asking if it’s possible to create custom hls presets for audio only?
      I made some in the custom video preset area, but they don’t appear.

The two system presets: 64kbps mono (single channel) is quite horrible for dynamic music tracks and 160kbps 2Ch is passable but still lousy for an audiophile to tolerate.

My goal is excellent quality audio files that have HLS encryption so they are safe…both things Soundcloud, or any other music based site, do not offer.

Is this possible?

Thank you again!
      Jamie

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Yes, it’s possible I see your issue when creating your audio presets with S3Bubble it is not be listed in the audio hls box I am pretty sure I know why this is happening.

Just checking some calls we will report back here shortly.

Best Regards

Sam

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

We had to separate the audio and video settings apologies everything got lost in translation.

You should be good to go now, let us know if you have any issues.

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Custom Presets were deleted’ is closed to new replies.