shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Deleting files and buckets from S3

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      vintagefilm
      Participant

I have been cleaning up the S3 files and deleted some buckets. But I have few video entries in bubble that haven’t gone away. I deleted them from Bubs yesterday and this morning they are back. They are from the sorensontesting bucket, which has been deleted from S3. Thought I would leave them there today if you have a chance to look. Bug? or something I have done wrong? not sure… thanks

Grace
      VFC

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi vintagefilm,

When you add a video it is added to the S3bubble database when you view it, so when you remove the bucket it will be removed from the AWS but not S3bubble if will still be listed in our database.

I assume you are talking about the https://s3bubble.com/secure/#/encoded

I think we need to add an automated cleanup option on the encoded media section.

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by s3bubble.
      vintagefilm
      Participant

yes, that’s the right page. I had previously deleted those two files/entries, but they re-appeared. Will delete again from within bubble and see what happens.

Issue 1: I have found that I am limited to only 25 buckets. Is that an AWS S3, S3 Bubble, or WordPress limitation?

Issues 2: Bucket deleted in AWS S3 still appears in S3 Bubble? How can I delete it?

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Timothy Bible Class,

AWS has a limit of 100 buckets so that won’t be the issue this may be something you have set for your AWS configuration.

Maybe look into your policies and permissions set with you connected IAM user.

Best Regards

Sam

edmed
      Participant

I personally create file directories inside my main S3bubble bucket and upload videos to those subdirectories directly in Amazon S3. I also delete videos and subdirectories directly within Amazon S3. It seems like the most straight-ahead way to stay organized for me personally.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Questions & Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.