shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs HLS – quality switcher not working

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      tenfour
      Participant

Hi folks,

We have a site up and running using the Streamium theme as parent theme.
      All our media files are encoded and we have selected a number of quality options (e.g. 240p, 360p etc). When playing the video, these options are visible yet do not seem to have any effect when clicked.

Can you advise on what may be happening here?

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi tenfour,

Can you send us a link to your website, please?

The way it works, you will not see an instant change it will happen over a period of time due to the way hls is setup.

The framework will load a few segments in advance so that you do not get any quick jump in the quality changes the best way to test is open the network tab in chrome and refresh the page click the switch and you should see the new segments being queued but they will not play until the previously loaded ones have finished.

Give it a try.

Best Regards

Sam

tenfour
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Unfortunately access to the site is restricted – can you please send an email to studio[at]ten-four.com.au and I will issue you a username/password?

Patrick
      Participant

I posted about this but never got a response. I have the same problem in all major browsers on PC and Mac. Here’s an example: https://mixinglight.com/portfolio/selecting-dit-cart/

– patrick

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Patrick.
      s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi @Patrick & @tenfour,

There was indeed a bug we have applied a fix please test now make sure you clear your browser cache.

Best Regards

Sam

Patrick
      Participant

I’m not seeing the fix. I’ll test on a few other browsers and get back to you.

– patrick

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Ok thanks keep me us updated, if you expecting an instant change it doesn’t work like that please read the comment above.

Thanks

Sam

Patrick
          Participant

Yes. I did a complete cache dump. But I want to try on a few browsers and the Mac / PC variables.

tenfour
      Participant

Hi Sam,

I have dumped the cache and also tested on another browser that has never visited the site. I’m not seeing the fix either.

Please let us know of any updates as they are applied.

Patrick
      Participant

Okay – I’ve followed what you did in the update video and watched the network stats while waiting for the video to update.

I can confirm switcher is working for me.

Thanks for getting it fixed!

– patrick

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Great glad it working for you 😉

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘HLS – quality switcher not working’ is closed to new replies.