shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs It would be very cool if…

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      vintagefilm
      Participant

Hi Sam, just wondering if there are any plans to add a “Cast” feature to the player? This would allow full screen playback on Roku, Chromecast, etc (and maybe others I don’t know about). Is this a feature you would consider?

ggtvonline
      Participant

well,i also think it will be awesome if feature for offline view can be intergrated too.. so that people in Africa with litte internet penetration can save videos for viewing later

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Both,

We totally agree and are already looking into implementing this.

Chromecast and Apple Airplay

Keep an eye on the Streamium theme over the weekend we will be running some tests.
      http://streamiumtheme.com/

Best Regards

Sam

vintagefilm
      Participant

That is excellent, Sam. i will be watching!

I am still assuming that it is a PLAYER feature, though, and not a Streamium feature. Am I correct?

Grace
      VFC

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Grace,

Yes, it’s a player feature we have implemented it feel free to test.

http://streamiumtheme.com/action/encrypted-video/

Best Regards

Sam

vintagefilm
      Participant

I just tested on both Moto G4 cell and tab10 tablet and both worked perfectly. Yea! This is very cool, oh, I said it would be, didn’t I? Well it is. A very useful feature going forward.

Now, questions. I have other apps that cast and both Roku and Chromecast showup when I am setting up the cast. That must be a separate implementation. maybe good for down the road. We don’t have any apple devices here but i will test when i get near one.

Q2. What is the desired behavior when the program ends? At this point everything just stops and I can back out of the screen. Is this how it should be or should another show be cued up, or some other action? I have no preference, just didn’t know what to expect.

Very Nice, thank you, Sam. Can’t wait to test with my own films when you go live with this!

Grace
      VFC

ggtvonline
      Participant

hi, you havent said anything about the temporal offline videos… so that users can download the videos for preview later.. internet is not really cheap and affordable for our market.. but if they can use office internet and free wifi spots to download videos, they can easily watch when they are not in a location where they can access the internet.

thanks.

vintagefilm
      Participant

Hi ggtv– I am not quite sure what you mean by “temporal offline videos” But you can enable downloads of your videos in your webpages by simply not protecting them. If you are delivering mp4 files to the player without encryption, you can set bucket policy to allow downloads and include a visible link in your site/player page. If you are using Streamium template it would need to be built into Streamium, which it is not, so maybe that is your question. (anybody, please jump in if I have got this wrong)

Part of this is related to your business model. If you are intending to offer free access to your videos, then there are lots of ways to do that. It seems to me that S3Bubble is about enabling paid subscription access with hls and encryption, which is the opposite of free.

Can you clarify your question? And perhaps fill us in on your business model.

ggtvonline
      Participant

Rejoice! You Can Download Netflix Shows Now For an Offline Binge Fix

thats an article on offline viewing and airplane mode for videos.. i was wondering if this can be intergrated into the service too.. is this a feature that you guys can look into?

vintagefilm
      Participant

OK, very interesting. The article does not mention security or piracy though. I wonder how they are enforcing their own security?

Grace
      VFC

ggtvonline
      Participant

well, s3bubble already has the encryption technology. what am thinking is a caching system where the video will be downloaded to the device, so that it doesnt stream. you can watch offline and the video can self distruct at a particular time

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi ggtvonline,

Yes, you are talking about being able to download videos directly to the device, to do this the videos would need to be compressed mp4’s not encrypted .m3u8 files.

This mp4 is then stored on the device for playback offline, this is the main reason all the large websites have mobile apps instead of web apps.

We are building a Streamium mobile app (IOS|Android) that works in conjunction with the theme we will definitely be adding the option for offline playback with the app and it is something we have developed before with previous apps. We are building the app in a modular workflow that will pull directly from a user WordPress REST API so we can resell it to our users.

But one step at a time we are working hard to get this next release of Streamium out, we are currently working on the ability to add TV Programs with multiple episodes and advanced search functionality so everything can be filtered on (actors(tags)|genres(categories)|Release Date(Published)|Multiple date search functionality for added in the last day new releases etc) and work in sync with each other. We are not far off now.

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by s3bubble.
      ggtvonline
      Participant

Awesome… that will be nice… all the news you have given excites me so far..

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Questions & Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.