shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Losing the 'Cloudfront' Connection

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Patrick
      Participant

I’ve seen this happen a few times:

* A video is uploaded and run through Elastic Encoder to create the Variable Bit Stream, the pipeline has Cloudfront built-in.

* The video is assigned to Cloudfront, metadata and Poster is applied

* The video is embedded using Oembed into a WordPress page with the S3Bubble OEmbed plug-in applied

* The video plays fine

* Then suddenly, both on WordPress and here on S3Bubble, the video throws off the black screen with error message that I see if the video wasn’t applied to a Cloudfront distribution.

* Re-assigning it to Cloudfront doesn’t fix the problem

* I have to re-run the video the Elastic Transcoder and re-embed it in WordPress and then it works fine

Does anyone else ever have this happen? Do we have any idea what could be causing this?

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

You should never have to re-encode the video this will not be the issue.

Cloudfront is completely separate to the pipeline they have no connection you could delete the pipeline and it would not affect any of your setup.

Have you updated anything on your cloudfront distribution is it showing as deployed.

Also just to check if you are using cloudfront on a bucket every video needs cloudfront set.

If you get this error again please send us a link before re-encoding you should not need to do this and we will run some checks.

Few other things what browser are you using are you using encryption?

Bet Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by s3bubble.
        Patrick
        Participant

Hi Sam,

The original video is still in my system: ML0606-DIT-Part3-rolling-kit

There are two HLS versions: One encoded today (the good one) and one encoded two days ago (the one that stopped working). Let me know if you need any more details.

s3bubble
          Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

No that’s great glad you still have it so we can bug test I will take a look when I get 5 minutes.

Best Regards

Sam

s3bubble
          Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

I have taken a good look at this and I cannot seem to recreate your issue.

I have tested on Chrome, Firefox, Safari IE they all playback without any issues.

Did you have any connectivity issues at the time? if this error happens again can you screenshot I have also tested on 2G, 3G and various throttling settings within chrome and everything played back as aspected.

also just on another note we will add a search functionality in the sidebar to make finding the correct folder much easier in the next update.

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by s3bubble.
            Patrick
            Participant

You’re right, it’s working again!

So bizarre. I’m curious, are you aware of this happening with S3, where some clients just can’t get access for a few hours and then the network clears up?

We’ve been delivering our videos embedded in the EVS player served off regular S3 buckets for years. And once a month a client complains they can’t access our videos. After doing the normal ‘clear the browser cache’ routine, we tell them to wait 36 hours and than reach out if it’s still a problem. In most cases the problem clears up.

I’ve run into this locally with Cloudfront on our Dev site a few times the last few week (where a video acts like I hadn’t attached our Cloudfront distribution to it, but I did – and it was playing just a few hours earlier)… I can’t quite explain it (and I don’t have the technical chops to deal with the Amazon engineers who speak an entirely different form of the English language).

s3bubble
              Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Not sure, the only I can think of is there may have been a connectivity issue with your internet or it is switching connections if this happens again let us know you shouldn’t need to re-encode your video.

You can also check the AWS service health if this happens to check they are not experiencing any issues.

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Losing the 'Cloudfront' Connection’ is closed to new replies.