shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Outtage yesterday?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      vintagefilm
      Participant

For at least 6 hours yesterday, we were unable to access our s3b account and the s3b website. Was this local to us here in California? Did anyone else notice a service interruption? Our videos wouldn’t load on our own website. This morning everything is back to normal.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi vintagefilm,

Yes, we are aware of some downtime and have spoken AWS and the issue seems to be down to our VolumeQueueLength: on our EBS volume which we have now tripled.

Our main goal over the next few days is to get as many people onto the Self Hosted setup completely bypassing our iframe setup.

We have paused our 10-day https://s3bubble.com/trial/ trial and are just concentrating on our current users for the next month, moving forward our main focus will be having everyone on our Self Hosted plan and we will be working with our customers using our Streamium theme, we have completely rebuilt the theme from the ground up with some great new features.

Best Regards

Sam

vintagefilm
      Participant

Thanks Sam, it’s good to know you guys are on top of what is going on.

I look forward to the coming changes in the service and in the theme.

Grace
      VFC

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Can I use self hosted without Streamium?
      I really need it along with a solution to the playlist issues.

Thank you,
      Jamie

vintagefilm
      Participant

Sam, Jamie,

can you guys describe what you mean by “Self-Hosted Plan” versus the “i-frame setup”?

My site currently is using a theme from wpzoom called videobox. I love the way Streamium looks (in general) but it currently has features missing that I need, so I have been experimenting with this other theme.

This discussion has left me wondering exactly what the relationship between S3Bubble service and Streamium is, and whether they must work together, or can be used separately, as I currently am set up. And if that must change in the future.

Grace
      vintagefilmchannel.com

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Grace, Sam,

I’m sort-of speaking for Sam here, so he can clear up any rubbish I may spew…

S3Bubble serves all of our self-hosted cloudfront media through a proprietary S3Bubble pipeline out to your customers, which no-doubt has a huge load impact on S3Bubble’s throughput (thus their recent increase in “Amazon Pipe” to handle the flow).

The “self-hosted” option lets you actually bypass S3Bubble’s pipe, with the intent of giving zero latency or stalls when traffic is high or not. It should be a glorious thing!

I don’t know what that actually means in terms of the “Plan” and how that changes our S3Bubble agreement, but I am really excited for this to roll out as I need it desperately!

I don’t use Streamium either, because I too need many other features not part of Streamium and I also don’t want to look like Netflix, as I hope to become a sort of competitor and don’t want their legal ire.

Streamium is simply a well built WordPress Theme with cool features made by S3Bubble to interface smoothly.

Beyond Self-Hosted, I also plan to make extensive use of both Audio and Video Playlists, which is the only other major area of pain for me right now, as they are not nearly ready for prime time.
      But, I have faith in Sam’s Plan.

I hope that helps Grace!

Best, Jamie

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi All,

Let me try and explain.

So plans moving forward is to move everyone over to a self hosted setup no more iframes (they will not be stopped at any time and we will help with the transition).

The Streamium theme has all the self hosted setup already integrated with our new javascript class that handles the player no iframes you embed a single js file in the header. We had some great feedback and people using the Streamium theme have achieved some very high traffic more than we anticipated. Which is great but we cannot have this on our server.

We will update our oembed plugin to also apply this functionality to any WordPress website but you could also just embed video with the code below and apply to any website.

At its most basic as long as the s3bubble script has been added videos can be embedded with the following code.

S3Bubble.player({
         id : "video-player",
         codes : ["ENAL33342"]
      });

We are looking to concentrate on having fewer users and really focus on delivering them a full service which is why we only allow users to sign up via invitations.

Best Regards

Sam

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Thank you!

So, does this basic code above work with video and audio playlists also?
      And does it still retain all of our security settings used on the dashboard?

Or would it be better for me to wait until the plugin is ready?

Best, Jamie

s3bubble
        Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

We haven’t, integrated audio playlists into the self hosted class yet it currently works with video and live streaming, we are porting everything over and trying to run any fixes as we go.

All security settings are maintained.

I would wait for the plugin we really want to get the new version of Streamium released, then the plugin won’t be much longer.

Best Regards

Sam

vintagefilm
      Participant

Ah, I think I get it now. the s3b functionality will reside in our individual accounts instead of needing to pass through s3b. It makes sense, and offloads server load to those of us who use more bandwidth. that is as it should be.

It is actually pretty exiting to see the rapid evolution of s3b and the changes and improvements that are showing up so quickly.

I appreciate all the work on our behalf, and look forward to the roll-out of these changes! Thanks to Sam and the entire s3b team for all that you are doing!

Grace
      VFC

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Thanks, both,

We really appreciate your support 😉

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Outtage yesterday?’ is closed to new replies.