shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Plugin not seeing or playing newly uploaded files

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      stocksource
      Participant

I have the plugin installed and working (or so I thought). Today I uploaded a new audio file (directly using Cloudberry), and verified with the s3Bubble web dashboard that the file is there and I can play it from the dashboard. However, the file does not appear in the plugin drop down box. To overcome that I manually inserted the path in the shortcode. But when I open the page with the player, the latter recognises and displays the name of the file, but won’t play the file (it also displays the time as 0:00).
      I’ve noticed in the past that the plugin does not immediately recognises newly updated files. Is there some caching mechanism or other delay that’s causing this?

Regards
      Marius D

stocksource
      Participant

I should add that the already uploaded files still work fine in that they are still seen by the plugin and play properly.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi stocksource

Just a quick suggestion do you have any caching plugins on your website the S3Bubble plugin should pull down any new files added to your bucket on page refresh there is no caching functionality.

Best Regards

Admin

stocksource
      Participant

Actually, I think I’ve found the problem with my main problem – the file in question ended with a capital .MP3. Changed to lower case, it made its appearance in the drop down list and the plugin could play it!
      Still wonder why there should sometimes be a delay in recognising newly uploaed files…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Plugin not seeing or playing newly uploaded files’ is closed to new replies.