shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Pre-Sale Question

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      spellmovies
      Participant

Hi, I’m using a trial for S3 Bubble. Since a few hours, I am unable to view videos that I uploaded. These videos can be viewed when link is called in browser directly.

Can you please advise if this is a known bug. I have a running OTT and I want to transfer it to S3Bubble. But wouldn’t like to know if I can rely on 99.9% uptime.

Thanks.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi, spellmovies,

We are investigating this issue and will be able to give you an update shortly we are talking to AWS to find out what caused the issue.

We will update you with more information shortly.

Best Regards

Sam

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Ok here goes,

We have just got off the phone with AWS engineers and I will explain the issue.

We have our infrastructure setup on an Auto Scaling group to increase and decrease instances based on average load CPU.

This was implemented to handle these type of issues and prevent any outage by scaling and decrease instances, so the only point of failure would be AWS itself and our API will notify it here health status https://status.aws.amazon.com/

After much discussion and checking each instance it looks like on instance receive an OOM (Out of memory) error due to high load the whole system will be receiving a very high load this time of year and we are committed to keeping all our users setups running so this is very frustrating, with one instance receiving an OOM the autoscaling health check became unresponsive, meaning it could not reach the instance so it could not do what it should be doing in this scenario and firing up a new instance and remove the failed instance.

The solution.
      We have now implemented a service health check for OOM on each instance so if any instance does receive an OOM it should do what it is set up to do and create a new instance and remove the failed instance. The setup will also scale up to high demand adding instance when necessary and removing the instance when they are not needed.

Hope this all makes sense we are continuously monitoring the setup and checking for any problems.

We apologise for any downtime.

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by s3bubble.
      spellmovies
      Participant

Thank you so much for the update and having service back live. This gives much confidence to migrate our service to S3Bubble.

What’s the best way to contact you for upgrading and discussing various service offering features.

Many thanks.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi spellmovies,

The best email for contact is support@s3bubble.com

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Pre-Sale Question’ is closed to new replies.