shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Questions Before Upgrading to Self-Hosted Plugin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrick
      Participant

Hi Sam,

It’s terrific seeing this self-hosted plug-in being released! But I have a few concerns before I press update:

– Is there documentation or a video explaining this new system for those of us not on the Netflix-style theme and what needs to be done before we do the upgrade (in terms of code for the headers / footers)?

– With around 400+ videos and audios on our website, after the update will the existing OEmbeds continue to work?

– Will we need to update all of our existing Oembeds to the new shortcode for them to be ‘self-hosted’?

– Is audio working on this plug-in?

I’m just trying to get a sense of backward compatibility plus what I need to do (if anything) to turn existing content into self-hosted as well. And I apologize if this has been answered already, I’m just having trouble finding the answer.

Thanks!

– patrick

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the late reply.

Nothing will change with the current setup all code will continue to function as normal we have just included self hosted functionality for our new users.

We have not added audio to self hosted yet only video this is something we are working on.

When we are ready we will added some options to the admin where you can select to change to self hosted this will simply be a switch no change needed for user old users.

Basically we will take the code from the embed url and apply it to the self hosted setup as stated this is not ready yet we are just getting our new users up and running.

We will send out an email when this is ready.

Best Regards

Sam

Patrick
      Participant

Thanks Sam! This all sounds terrific.

One more question:

There’s code you’re recommending we add to our theme. Is this required to fully implement the self-hosted option?

If we don’t implement the code then what’s the downside?

I just want to be able to tell our developer what we should expect will happen after executing this code vs just updating the plugin?

– patrick

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Self Hosted switch tutorial.

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Questions Before Upgrading to Self-Hosted Plugin’ is closed to new replies.