shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs S3 Bubble "Full Setup" instructions messed with my existing video player size +

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      edmed
      Participant

I’m trying to set up S3Bubble and ran into an issue I didn’t expect: After going through the basic setup steps in the “S3 Bubble Full Setup WordPress Amazon Web Services 2017” video, the videos I already have in my existing video player now display and play at 300×150 instead of the 864×600 they’re supposed to.

I’m currently using the free HTML5 Secure Video Player. S3Bubble is far superior, but I have members paying for access to the existing videos in that player and it’s causing issues. Those existing videos are in a separate Bucket and separate Group in Amazon S3, so I’m surprised the S3Bubble recommended settings altered the way those other videos play. Any idea on how to stop that resizing from happening? If I deleted the S3Bubble test Bucket I created as an temporary emergency measure, would that reset things? Please advise.

Question 2: Looking at the http://streamiumtheme.com on an iPad I’m not seeing the speed controls visible. Do speed controls work on iPads or am I missing something?

Question 3: I use an unusual video size of 864×600 for my videos. When I uploaded a test video through S3Bubble the video displayed at 720×500. Is there a setting an extra setting using the shortcode to force the display size of the video? Something like [s3bubble codes=”ELcm41795″ size=”864×600″ /] ?

Thanks so much for your help.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Edmed,

Certain controls are not displayed on ipad, iphone the player uses Safari’s native functionality for this we have tried overriding this but ran int issues so it makes sense to continue to use Safari’s native implement to avoid any playback compatibility problems.

Wordpress is a pain when it comes to shortcode we are planning to add all our params but the way shortcode works its a bit of a nightmare to setup.

Using the javascript functionality you can simply just add a width and height or an aspect ratio we support.

4/3 1/1/ 16/9

Here is a codepen example.
      https://codepen.io/s3bubble/pen/xrJeop/

We will add width and height to the shortcode with the next update.

Best Regards

Sam

edmed
      Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I’m very very impressed with S3Bubble… Unfortunately my main reason for wanting to change from my current video player is the ability control playback speed on an iPad/iPhone, preferably with .5 .75 slowdown options (not just .5) (I have training videos that people want to slow down to see things clearer.) If S3Bubble is able to add that feature in the future I will happily switch over. 🙂

FYI, having the S3Bubble WordPress video plugin activated is what caused my current video player to display the videos in 300×150 size, when I disabled the plugin the sizing corrected itself. S3Bubble is a great product and it’s only going to get better, kudos.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Edmed.

You can change the playback speed on ipad and iphone.

We will add the option to add any playback speeds that are supported directly via a param for the next update.

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by s3bubble.
      edmed
      Participant

That is EXCELLENT NEWS regarding variable playback speed working on iPad/iPhone! (It’s disabled on the streamiumtheme.com videos on an iPad which is why I mistakenly thought it didn’t work.)

As soon as this is working: “We will add width and height to the shortcode with the next update” I’ll be able to start using S3Bubble which is fantastic news.

I’m requesting that .75 speed option be added in the future in addition to .5… I’m teaching music through video, and .75 speed keeps the quality of the music still sounding good without being so extreme.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi edmed,

We haven’t added playback rates to the streamium theme but it can be added as an option I didn’t realise but you can add playbackrates with custom values already I have added it to the demo please feel free to play around and test.

https://codepen.io/s3bubble/pen/xrJeop/

Documentation

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by s3bubble.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘S3 Bubble "Full Setup" instructions messed with my existing video player size +’ is closed to new replies.