shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Self Hosting Setup issues

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      vintagefilm
      Participant

https://vintagefilmchannel.com my site is WordPress but the videos are not displayed in the content area of the posts. instead, our theme (Wpzoom Videbox) has a custom post format that allows the video player to display in the image area at the top of the post. We also have a switching app that allows Preview or Private videos, based on subscription. This has been working with iFrames. But I would like to implement self-hosted. It does not work on my site. the test page is https://vintagefilmchannel.com/action/bar-20/ If you are logged in as admin or as a paid user, the code that appears instead of the video player is [s3bubble codes=”bMFc43523″ /] If you are not logged in, you will see a 6 second logo being served via iFrame.

I have placed this code in the theme header <link rel=’stylesheet’ href=’//s3.amazonaws.com/aws-hosted/s3bubble.min.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

and this code in the theme footer
      <script src=”//s3.amazonaws.com/aws-hosted/s3bubble.min.js”></script>

SO, what have I done wrong here? OR, is this a problem that you can correct?

Also, I assume that going to self-hosting will eliminate the long loading times that occur when trying to load the javascript and css files from your Amazon account. Correct?

As always Sam, thanks for the brilliant work on this incredible system! (the login you have for my site is active)

Grace McKay
      https://vintagefilmchannel.com

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Grace,

First of you do not need to include the files if you are using the plugin I would remove the scripts you have added else you will see double video players because it is running the code twice.

I see you have meta boxes on the right that are setup to add html code to this won’t output shortcode so adding shortcode won’t work but you can add html code with the data attribute like below please replace your iframe code with the code below make sure it has a unique id and also obviously add your code.

<div id="s3bubble-unique-id" class="s3bubble" data-setup='{"codes": ["WefX43476"]}'></div>

Best Regards

Sam

vintagefilm
      Participant

I have pulled the code from the template and just tried this code on bird of paradise. https://vintagefilmchannel.com/action/bird-of-paradise/
      the display is now displaying the thumbnail with the video player below. so, not working as expected.

not quite sure what this means

I see you have meta boxes on the right that are setup to add html code to this won’t output shortcode so adding shortcode won’t work

vintagefilm
      Participant

OK, my bad. I forgot to take out the iframe code so was getting both displays. I will continue to experiment so I understand this.

vintagefilm
      Participant

So I have been working on updating all of my videos to self-hosted. It seems to be working fine using the code you have provided above. So thank you!

This little adventure suggests to me that some/many of us are/have been confused about how to do this. Can I suggest a detailed documentation sheet about how-to set up self-hosted versus the other ways to embed? There are several categories of users:

• streamium theme wordpress users
      • wordpress users who do not use streamium
      • other cms or custom coded site users
      • maybe some other use scenario

Each of these use-cases may need to use the code differently. Thanks as always!

And one more question. this file downloads on each page refresh and takes about 8/10 of a second each time. Is there any way to streamline this, reduce the download overhead, in some way?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by s3bubble.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by s3bubble.
      s3bubble
      Keymaster

update to the latest version and the file is stored locally.

Best Regards

Sam

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Questions & Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.