shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs video not visible

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zawan_na
      Participant

I’m not sure want went wrong but for many players, the video is not visible on mobiles. I have tested the same file on multiple devices and on all devices it is working fine except android mobiles.
      link to the direct file – https://d17cpoxujeu6k4.cloudfront.net/0110/encoded-09-10-2016-12-58-39/encoded-09-10-2016-12-58-39.m3u8
      this file plays both video and audio on desktop and iPad. but we can hear only the audio on android mobile.

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi zawan,

What Android devices are you testing on? a direct link like that will not work on old Android devices can you send us a link to a player or set up a dummy page or post with a player on.

Best Regards

Sam

zawan_na
      Participant

the player in this page shows video in desktop but not in android devices (Lenovo k8 plus)
      https://www.padeepz.com/unit/13598-2/

it was working fine. this error happens only after the update (only recently I have updated all the plugin)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by s3bubble.
      zawan_na
      Participant

kindly provide a solution

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hello Zawan Na,

I am a user giving feedback from your link.

1) Make sure you are on the latest S3Bubble WordPress Plugin which is 5.0, and just released today. (looks like you are not 5.0 by the cut-off player display formatting).

2) Create a video thumbnail and upload it to the file folder for this lesson stream in your S3 Dashboard. We just see the default S3Bubble blue swath on white. Ideally you create and optimize all of them in Photoshop. Thumbnail: 1280×720 pixels jpeg for video or audio players. Should be under or no bigger than 125kb. Do it for all your video thumbnails.

I noticed your resolution settings and you have two 720p in the selector display (numbers displayed are funky, but an update to 5.0 should resolve). But, multiple identical streaming resolutions could cause problems and cost more needlessly. Set up your custom hls encoding presets for all different video resolutions and audio qualities and avoid all the others to eliminate duplicates. You can only choose each once.

Other than these observations, your clip played perfectly on a newer Windows 10 laptop on latest Firefox.

Best, James

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Questions & Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.