shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs video not visible

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      zawan_na
      Participant

I have done an animation in adobe flash professional and exported as .mov video file. it runs smoothly on QuickTime player and vlc player. when i upload it to aws s3 and plays in s3bubble i can only hear the audio and video is not visible . is this problem with player or did i miss any steps?

https://media.s3bubble.com/embed/progressive/id/KwKk45483

zawan_na
      Participant

this video also plays perfectly on youtube

brazilianaire
      Participant

Hi Zawan_na,

Your video file must be an MP4 or Encrypted HLS since Cloudfront does not handle .MOV file extensions.

Good luck!

James O’Malley

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi zawan_na,

Yes, you will need to look into how the video has been encoded it will work on YouTube because when you upload a mov to youtube it will encode it into mp4.

From another article.

YouTube uses 4 container formats and 4 different codecs. It depends on the popularity of the video what codecs are used for your video (see below why). Generally, every of your uploaded videos will be encoded in h.264 and will be muxed into an .flv and .mp4 container. That’s the standard and this will happen for every video. Though .flv will only be used for resolutions below 720p. Meaning only 360p and 480p will exist in an .flv container. Though every video below 720p will also have a mp4 version available. For 240p YouTube is also using 3gp which is a rather old codec (based on MPEG-4 Part 2 (not to be confused with MPEG4 Part 10 aka h.264) meant for mobile devices (long before the smartphone era), it comes in the container .3gpp.

If you go to your video in Youtube download manager and download the encoded mp4 and then upload it to S3Bubble it will play fine if it plays on Youtube.

Youtube mp4 s3bubble

Best Regards

Sam

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by s3bubble.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by s3bubble.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Questions & Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.