shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs WordPress: Streaming is breaking for some users on Safari

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Patrick
      Participant

I’m getting support notices from members using Mac OS 10.11, 10.12, 10.14 with Safari 12.x…

Here’s what one member is complaining about (that matches other reports):

I am using Safari browser on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2 and I keep getting playback issues after 1 minute that says there is an issue. After I refresh the page, I can click play, scrub back to where I left off and it will play for 1 minute and the error happens again. Its happening no matter where I scrub to and have opened several other tutorial videos and they also encounter the same error message. In the mean time, I am using Google Chrome browser but just thought I would bring to your attention in case anyone else is encountering this as well.

Here’s a screenshot that another member grabbed for us:
      Error messages that Safari users are starting to report.

Our first report of this error was about three weeks ago. We’ve had several this week. Some members never even get playback to happen – they press play and immediately get the error message.

The workaround is to switch to Chrome. Obviously, that’s not a long term solution since this problem is also effecting Safari on iOS.

Unfortunately – I’ve been unable to replicate this problem. I’ve invalidated the caches for the Cloudfront distribution we use – but reports are coming in even after that.

Please advise.

You can test one of our streams here:
      https://mixinglight.com/color-tutorial/handling-over-sharpening-how-to-soften-footage-without-losing-detail/

Sincerely,

Patrick

Patrick
      Participant

We found the cause of this streaming problem. We needed to exclude caching of the S3Bubble plug-in folder of our WordPress install. This immediately fixed the problem.

We still have a problem with iOS streaming using Media Convert. But that’s another thread.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General Questions & Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.