shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs Confused about setup

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      edmed
      Participant

I’m confused about a couple of important things:

1) There are two setup videos, the “S3Bubble Full Setup”

…and “New Simplified Setups”

I already have my WordPress installation connected to S3Bubble/S3, and I want to use Cloudfront Adaptive Bitrate for my videos (I’m not using the Streamium theme.) Do I just follow the New Simplified Setups video, or do I still need to go through all the steps of the “s3Bubble Full Setup” first?

2) I have a unique video size of 864×600 and need a png file to load as the start screen, so I need to use the “Full Video Player” code examples. So I think this code below is what I need, but I don’t understand HOW to implement the code into my WordPress page. Do I change the “codes”: [“qPtj41773”] to be the S3Bubble WordPress Player video shortcode and just paste the whole string below in my WordPress page? Or how is the code below added to my WordPress page? Please advise, thank you!

============================
      s3bubble(“s3bubble-media”).video( {
      “codes”: [“qPtj41773”],
      “source”:{
      “poster”: “https://mysite.com/poster1.png”
      “options”: {
      “playbackRates”: [0.5, 0.75 1, 1.5],
      “width”: 864, // Sets width (cannot be used with aspect)
      “height”: 600, // Sets height (cannot be used with aspect)
      //”prepare”: true, // Prepare a container before load
      },
      });
      =============================

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by edmed.
      s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Edmed,

Have you taken a look at our examples click open playground and it should give you a better understanding of how it works.

https://s3bubble.com/documentation/

Best Regards

Sam

edmed
      Participant

Yes I’ve seen the examples thank you, that’s where I worked out what I think I need my code to but that doesn’t answer the two questions that I have:

1) I already have my WordPress installation connected to S3Bubble/S3, and I want to use Cloudfront Adaptive Bitrate for my videos (I’m not using the Streamium theme.) Do I just follow the New Simplified Setups video, or do I still need to go through all the steps of the “s3Bubble Full Setup” first?

2) I have a unique video size of 864×600 and need a png file to load as the start screen, so I need to use the “Full Video Player” code examples. So I think this code below is what I need, but I don’t understand HOW to implement the code into my WordPress page. Do I change the “codes”: [“qPtj41773”] to be the S3Bubble WordPress Player video shortcode and just paste the whole string below in my WordPress page? Or how is the code below added to my WordPress page? Please advise, thank you!

Thank you for your help, I’m trying hard to figure out how to get this all implemented, just need those two questions answered so I can push ahead, thank you.

vintagefilm
      Participant

have a look at these posts https://s3bubble.com/forums/topic/self-hosting-setup-issues/

The embed string that Sam suggested for me may also work for you.
      <div id=”s3bubble-unique-id” class=”s3bubble” data-setup='{“codes”: [“WefX43476”]}’></div>
      substitute your video id in place of WefX43476.
      OR, use the S3bubble plug in to find your video id.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Confused about setup’ is closed to new replies.