shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape
shape

S3Bubble Support Forums

To stay up to date with the latest S3Bubble updates and tutorials please make sure you sign up to our YouTube Channel.

home Forums General Questions & Bugs WordPress v3.4 Video Behavior?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrick
      Participant

After updating to the S3Bubble 3.4 version, I’m noticing that when scrolling on a page, if the video isn’t in view it pops up in the lower right hand side of the browser.

This happens in Chrome on Mac and Windows. You can see it here:

How To Design An Ergonomic Desk

Is this by design? If by design, how do we defeat it?

Thanks!

vintagefilm
      Participant

I see the behavior you are talking about. I don’t have the same issue on my site vintagefilmchannel.com . I looked at your page and it looks like you are using some (or more?) javascript. Could this be some javascript conflict? Are you getting any error messages in the page? Do your other pages have the same problem?

Nice looking site by the way. It looks very custom built. Have you asked your web dev to look at it, or have you built it yourself? Are you doing any speed acceleration? Minify javascript or css? In Joomla and WordPress this can cause unusual behavior.

Any more details you can add?

-Grace McKay
      VFC

vintagefilm
      Participant

OK, I see now you specify WordPress. My bad.

Patrick
      Participant

This behavior definitely started with the most recent version of the WordPress self-hosted plug-in. Is that what you’re doing?

I’m starting to look into the various possibilities of minification & etc, but want to make sure this isn’t the intended behavior before I contact our web developer and start spending our money before knowing what should be happening vs what is happening.

But thanks for the ideas!

vintagefilm
      Participant

One more thing I thought of was that with the latest plug-in you can select self-hosted. If selected you can/should change the url of the video, and/or the embed code. There are some complexities I haven’t figured out, but on my site, I am using the code that Sam suggested for me in this thread. https://s3bubble.com/forums/topic/self-hosting-setup-issues/

Look down into the thread and notice this<div id="s3bubble-unique-id" class="s3bubble" data-setup='{"codes": ["WefX43476"]}'></div>

I think this is down to the specific way you are building your WordPress posts, but you might try to update the embeds like this and see if it helps. I changed all of my embeds to this scheme and I am getting much faster page loads with no errors.

Grace
      VFC

s3bubble
      Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

No, it definitely shouldn’t do that by default please update the plugin to 3.5 when it comes through.

The only way this plugin can now be enabled is when it is added to the shortcode.

[s3bubble codes="RTBgkfFGt" popit="" /]

Best Regards

Sam

Patrick
      Participant

Thanks Sam!

I just updated the plug-in and the pop-up is now disabled!

Much appreciated.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘WordPress v3.4 Video Behavior?’ is closed to new replies.